Real Estate Law, Business Law, Estate Planning Law, Workers Compensation, Social Security Disability
If you're looking for an attorney in the Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, or New Hanover County area, look no further than Hutchens Law Firm's Wilmington office. We're conveniently located at The Forum on Military Cutoff Road. To find us, the best entrance to our building has a sign that reads “The Forum” with “1125” just below the name. This entrance is directly across the Swan Mill Rd intersection with Merrill Lynch on the right and South State Bank on the left of the entrance into the business park. We’re at the back of the complex in Suite P.
The Wilmington office can provide legal counsel to clients needing help with:
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning & Probate Administration
- Business Law
- Workers Compensation
- Social Security Disability insurance needs
REAL ESTATE ATTORNEYS IN WILMINGTON | NEW HANOVER COUNTY
Hutchens Law Firm opened its Wilmington location in 2005. The real estate attorneys, Jessica Bertovich, Wendy Hughes, Matthew Hurst, and Nicholas Roberts, provide residential and commercial real estate legal services in New Hanover and surrounding counties.
For real estate transactions, you will come to the office to close, we can close at your realtor’s office, or we can electronically close with an e-closing which means once your documents are notarized and returned to us, we do everything else online including recording your transaction electronically (e-recording) with the local Registrars of Deeds in the county in which the property is purchased (where available). This step saves time over a traditional drop-off in person.
We represent clients of all sizes whether you’re buying your first home, upsizing or downsizing, purchasing a vacation or beach home, or investing in a beach rental [read our article about owning property with another party].
Our staff lives in the community we serve - we proudly sponsor the Wilmington Regional Association of REALTORS® as well as the Walk to End Alzheimers.
If you're considering buying real estate in New Hanover, Pender County, or Brunswick County, we can help.
The HIGH PERFORMANCE LAW™ real estate team at Hutchens Law Firm puts Ethics, Integrity, and Hard Work at the top of our list, and we provide you with an efficient, responsive, and courteous client experience. For both residential and commercial properties, we can help you with:
- Selling or buying a home or property
- Refinancing or home equity lines of credit
- Construction loans and construction-to-perm loans
- Performing title examinations, fixing title issues, and obtaining title insurance
- Litigating your real property conflicts
The Cape Fear area is known for its unique energy and laid-back nature that is the hallmark of a beach town. Moss-draped oaks and antebellum architecture recognized by the National Trust for Historic Preservation contrast with the multi-level beach vacation homes and multimillion-dollar residential developments next door. A variety of boutiques, eclectic shops, vibrant nightlife, and locally owned restaurants and pubs line the streets of the town’s historic river district. It's no surprise that so many people who visit the area decide to relocate to Wilmington and call it Home. The Coastal Carolinas is one of the fastest growing regions in the state, even with the threat of hurricanes a few months out of the year [read our article on purchasing a home during Hurricane Season].
Home to one of the largest independent studios outside of California, the area - fondly nicknamed Wilmywood - has become a popular place for film and television production. Two popular TV series - Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill - were filmed in our town throughout their lifespan. Trivia buffs may recognize several places used in films at the waterfront, in historic downtown, at popular beaches, or throughout our community. Want to see what's filming in town? You can find the schedule on the North Carolina Film Office website.
BUSINESS LAW & ESTATE PLANNING IN WILMINGTON
Speaking of beach vacation homes and rental properties, for those interested in investment properties, our attorneys can discuss whether creating an LLC for your rental property is the right strategy for you as well as how to protect your personal and business assets. We can help you with a succession plan or estate plan for you and your family which is important for families who are looking to invest in or purchase beach rental property in New Hanover County.
WHY CHOOSE HUTCHENS LAW FIRM?
- Our Firm has been around a long time - since 1980 - and our attorneys are experienced in residential and commercial real estate matters as well as litigation.
- We offer expedited closings and can electronically record and close (e-recording, e-closing), where available.
- Our in-house title examiners are supervised and trained by our attorneys.
- We keep current with real estate laws by being active in the North Carolina Bar’s real property section and construction law section, the South Carolina Bar’s real property section, Real Estate Lawyers Association of North Carolina (RELANC), Mortgage Bankers Association, and other bar and legal associations.
- We have multiple locations throughout the Carolinas and are growing!
- Monday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
NOTE: Our Firm follows the North Carolina Court System holiday schedule.