7 Tips to Get Back in Motion
Accidents can happen at work no matter how hard you try to prevent them. Here are some helpful tips so you can avoid complications with the workers’ compensation insurance company if you have been injured on the job.
- Call 911 if it is a true emergency.
- Report the injury to your employer as soon as practicable - even if you don’t think you need medical treatment right away.
- Seek medical treatment in a timely manner. Don’t wait until the injury worsens.
- Listen to your doctor or authorized medical provider and follow any recommended physical therapy and medications as they are prescribed.
- If the insurance company calls you for a recorded statement, consult an attorney before you provide this information. Many times, workers compensation consultations are free, and it can help you better navigate the conversation even if you don’t hire the attorney.
- If the insurance company accepts your claim and your doctor takes you out of work for more than seven (7) days, you are entitled to weekly benefits. Medical treatment for the injury should also be authorized and paid for by the insurance company if they accept your claim.
- Lastly, your main goal should be to get healthy and return to work. If your claim is denied or medical treatment is not provided in a timely manner, seek the advice of an attorney so you can focus on this goal
Published on November 28, 2016