REAL ESTATE LAW IN SOUTHPORT | BRUNSWICK COUNTY
If you're looking for a real estate attorney in the Southport, Oak Island, or Brunswick County area, look no further than Hutchens Law Firm's Southport office. We're conveniently located between Southport and Oak Island at the stoplight of Old Long Beach Road and Long Beach Road (Rt 133) near Lowes Foods. Please note, the entrance to the building is on Old Long Beach Road.
With real estate lawyer Wendy Hughes at the helm, our Southport location serves ALL of Brunswick County, including Bald Head Island, Holden Beach, Shallotte, Boiling Spring Lakes, and Leland. You can close at our office, we can meet at your realtor’s office for your closing, or we can close electronically with an e-closing which means once your documents are notarized and returned to us, we do everything else online including recording your transaction electronically (e-recording) with the Register of Deeds in Brunswick County, which saves time over a traditional drop-off in person.
Brunswick County beaches are popular tourist destinations during the spring and summer, yet many people who visit the area discover that it offers a lifestyle and climate they would enjoy year-round. They begin looking for a second home or decide to drop anchor and retire early. With miles of beautiful beaches, the county continues to rank among popular studies as one of the fastest growing counties in North Carolina, even with the threat of hurricanes a few months out of the year [read our article on purchasing a home during Hurricane Season].
The HIGH PERFORMANCE LAW™ real estate team at Hutchens Law Firm puts Ethics, Integrity, and Hard Work at the top of our list, and we provide you with an efficient, responsive, and courteous client experience. For both residential and commercial properties, we can help you with:
- Selling or buying a home or property
- Refinancing or home equity lines of credit
- Construction loans and construction-to-perm loans
- Performing title examinations, fixing title issues, and obtaining title insurance
- Litigating your real property conflicts
We represent clients of all sizes whether you’re buying your first home, upsizing or downsizing, purchasing a vacation or beach home, or investing in a beach rental [read our article on owning property with another party].
Our Firm has represented residential and commercial construction companies and we've enabled our clients to acquire raw land, obtain zoning, negotiate required utilities and infrastructure from municipal and private providers, develop subdivisions, and build & sell homes, retail/office apartments, office buildings, shopping centers, industrial parks, and mixed-use properties.
Our Southport staff are members of the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce and proud sponsors of the official North Carolina 4th of July Festival in Southport and the U.S. Open King Mackerel Tournament held each October in Southport.
BUSINESS LAW & ESTATE PLANNING IN SOUTHPORT | BRUNSWICK COUNTY
For those interested in investment property, our attorneys can meet with you about your goals and discuss how to protect your personal and business assets as well as set up a succession plan or estate plan for you and your family.
WHY CHOOSE HUTCHENS LAW FIRM?
- Our Firm has been around a long time - since 1980 - and our attorneys are experienced in residential and commercial real estate matters as well as litigation.
- We offer expedited closings and can electronically record and close (e-recording, e-closing), where available.
- Our in-house title examiners are supervised and trained by our attorneys.
- We keep current with real estate laws by being active in the North Carolina Bar’s real property section and construction law section, the South Carolina Bar’s real property section, Real Estate Lawyers Association of North Carolina (RELANC), Mortgage Bankers Association, and other bar and legal associations.
- We have multiple locations throughout the Carolinas and are growing!
- Monday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
NOTE: Our Firm follows the North Carolina Court System holiday schedule.